Police Department accepting applications for Chief of Police
The De Leon Police Department is now taking applications for Police Chief
- Advanced or Master Peace Officer License by the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- A minimum of three years of successful experience as an agency administrator and/or administrative/management level law enforcement supervisor in a law enforcement agency in Texas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
The position is both administrative and first line, as the ideal candidate will have the ability to balance the administrative requirements of the department with demands of a first line officer, i.e. managing calls for service, traffic enforcement, investigative duties, the enforcement of all laws and ordinance, and all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Texas Peace Officer license in good standing issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Have a minimum of five years successful experience as a full-time Texas Peace Officer, in a patrol officer or comparable assignment.
- Have attained an high school diploma or GED.
- Must hold a valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a background check, medical examination, psychological and/or drug screen.
Applications will be taken until September 22nd, and may dropped off at City Hall, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 125 S Texas Street, or printed out from the link below.
Application for Employment, PD