To view the Noise Ordinance, click here.
- Any person wanting to hold an outdoor event that will include the playing of music or the operation of any device designed for sound reproduction, including, but not limited to, any radio, television set, musical instrument, audio system, including cassette tape players, compact disc players, and speakers, loud speaker, or public address system in violation of limits established Section 1(C) in Ordinance #009-10, must apply for and be granted a permit from the City of De Leon.
- Any person wanting to hold and indoor event at which music will be played or any of the sound reproduction devices described in Section 2(A) in Ordinance #009-10, will be used at a level which may be in violation of Section 1(C) must also apply for and be granted a permit from the City.
- A permit is not required for events held at a restaurant or commercial business within the City; however, events at restaurants and other commercial businesses within the City must comply with the hours established in Section 2(E) in Ordinance #009-10, and the owner of such premises shall be responsible for any violation of this ordinance.
- Application for a permit shall be filed with the City Administrator/City Secretary at City Hall and shall include the date, time, and location for the event and the name, address and telephone number of the person designated as in charge of the event, as well as any other information requested by the City Administrator/City Secretary about the event. The event shall be approved by the Mayor or submitted to the City Council for approval, at the discretion of the Mayor. If approved, the permit will be issued upon payment of a permit fee of $25.00.
- All events for which the City issues a permit under this ordinance must cease production of any noise that violates Section 1(C) of Ordinance #009-10, by 10:00 pm. Sunday thru Thursday and by eleven (11:00 pm) on Friday, Saturday, and holidays.
- All events approved by the City under a contract for use of City property must cease production of any noise that violates Section 1(C) of Ordinance #009-10 by 10:00 pm. Sunday through Thursday and by midnight on Friday, Saturday and holidays.
Any person violating any of the provisions of Ordinance #009-10, shall be found guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be subject to a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00). Each act or event in violation of any of the provisions hereof shall constitute a separate offense.